Copyright © 2017 Sheffield Vineyard.
Use of text, images and other content on this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
Content is protected by intellectual property laws
Text and image files, audio and video clips, and other content on this website are the property of Sheffield Vineyard. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the content on this website may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, the Sheffield Vineyard. Sheffield Vineyard expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright law, and as described below.
Fair use is permitted
Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for non-commercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from this Web site for such uses may do so without the express permission of Sheffield Vineyard, provided that they comply with the following conditions:
- The content may only be used for personal, educational or non-commercial purposes;
- Users must cite the author and source of the content as they would material from any printed work;
- The citation must include all copyright information and other information associated with the content and the URL for the Sheffield Vineyard website;
- None of the content may be altered or modified;
- Users must comply with all other terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file, image, or text.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this website, users agree and warrant that they will limit their use of such files to fair use and will comply with all other terms and conditions of this license, and will not violate the rights of Sheffield Vineyard or any other person or entity. Sheffield Vineyard does not warrant that use of the text, images and content displayed on the website will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Sheffield Vineyard.
Commercial use is restricted
Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of text, images or content of this website is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from Sheffield Vineyard. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Sheffield Vineyard. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
VINEYARD, VINEYARD CHURCHES Logo and VINEYARD logo are all registered trade marks of Vineyard Churches UK & Ireland and are used here under licence.
Sheffield Vineyard is legal subsidiary of Wharfedale Vineyard, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered with the Charity Commission (Charity No: 1071353) and with Companies House (Company No: 03541920).
Our finances and legalities are administered by a team at Wharfedale Vineyard, who serve several Vineyard Churches in the North of England. By having one administrative team serving a number of churches we avoid duplicating costs and ensure that the quality of service together with financial and legal transparency are kept to a high standard.
Sheffield Vineyard appreciates that privacy is very important and we recognise the right of people to keep their personal information private. The following covers the Church’s treatment of personally identifiable information that we collect or hold.
The information we collect
All services are recorded. Images of the people attending or participating in the service may be used and shown in our on-line talk recordings, Resources and for other promotional purposes and commercial activities. By attending any service you agree to Sheffield Vineyard using your image and personal information in these recordings.
Sheffield Vineyard will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details so the Church can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Church, when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in Church activities or complete other forms. The information collected may include some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information about your beliefs, relevant to the services or assistance you have requested from the Church.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit the Sheffield Vineyard website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they amend or add information via Churchapp. Sheffield Vineyard will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your involvement with Sheffield Vineyard;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from the Church;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist us to make the Church’s sites, services and products more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Church and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- to different parts of Sheffield Vineyard to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist Sheffield Vineyard attendees and the wider community.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that Sheffield Vineyard holds about you. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access. If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Sheffield Vineyard will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Sheffield Vineyard cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.